Level: Introductory to Intermediate
During this workshop, you will learn how to implement Windows 10 cloud management using Microsoft's services from start to finish. You'll need to know the status quo of cloud management vs. on–premises management to have a bright future in IT. The day includes technical and non–technical information how to configure the actual features in real life using the best practices from multiple customer cases. The workshop includes the following sessions:
Introduction to cloud–based Windows 10 management
- What is the business case for cloud–based management?
- How cloud–based management differs from traditional PC management?
- What non–technical issues you will face?
- What is Windows 10 Modern Device Management (MDM) stack?
- Other relevant components: Intune, ConfigMgr, Azure AD, Office 365, EM+S, Windows Analytics
How to enroll Windows 10 devices
- How to prepare for enrollment
- Is OSD required for cloud management?
- Azure AD join and automatic enrollment to management
- How to start the enrollment
Configure settings and device management
- Inventory from Windows 10 devices
- Grouping devices with Azure AD dynamic groups
- Settings management with Intune
- Common settings to manage
- Using custom OMA–URI settings
- Windows Information Protection?
- Using conditional access
- Provisioning packages
- Introduction to Windows Store for Business
- Deploying universal applications to cloud devices with Intune
- Deploying Win32 apps to cloud devices with Intune
- How to run PowerShell scripts with Intune?
Automating management with Microsoft Graph
- What is Microsoft Graph?
- What you can do with Microsoft Graph?
- How to use Microsoft Graph in your scripts?
- Microsoft Graph & PowerShell
Using ConfigMgr to manage cloud–based Windows 10 devices
- Implementing traditional internet client management (IBCM)
- Using Cloud Management Gateway (CMG)
- Which one to use: IBCM vs CMG
- When to use ConfigMgr vs Intune?
You will learn:
- What are the possibilities and limitations of the cloud management
- Step by step instructions on how to enable cloud management of Windows 10 devices
- Tips on how to effectively use Microsoft Intune & Azure AD premium
- When to use SCCM for cloud–management?