This is a hands–on session on ethical hacking using the infamous penetration tool Kali Linux. You will learn how to conduct a penetration test against your own networks and servers to discover and document vulnerabilities before nefarious hackers do. This is a 100 percent offensive hacking hands–on lab where you will learn the weak points of most businesses, including wireless networks, passwords, and denial of service prevention.
You will learn:
- How to identify, connect to, and scan a target network
- How to capture and analyze wireless traffic without being detected
- How to execute a network attack using Kali Linux
Attendance is limited.
Each attendee must bring the following:
- A laptop configured to boot the current version of Kali Linux, either installed or a live distro on USB. The software and instructions are available at http://www.kali.org. The laptop must natively boot Kali, running it in a virtual machine will not work for these labs.
- Optionally, a wireless USB NIC that uses the Realtek 8187 or 8187L chipset (e.g. Alfa AWUS036)