This hands-on training introduces you to Docker and container technology for DevOps teams. We will show you how to apply DevOps practices to cloud-based container solutions, complete with hands-on exercises using Kubernetes. The training uses Microsoft tooling and technology, but the skills you will learn can be applied in any technology stack.
This workshop contains hands-on labs to help you gain practical experience with the following topics:
- Getting started with containers and Docker
- Working with Kubernetes
- Azure DevOps pipelines
- Canary releases and A/B testing using Istio service mesh
- Automate everything from infrastructure to deployment
- Get hands-on experience supporting DevOps practices with available tools.
- Understand the implications for DevOps teams to build, deploy and run container based solutions in a cloud environment.
- Practice finding and fixing bugs without downtime
This training is intended for developers and architects that want to learn about DevOps practices and tooling for a cloud-based Kubernetes solution.
This workshop is divided into lecture with separate labs and allows you to start at any point given your experience. Throughout the workshop you will gradually improve your DevOps skills for container based solutions.
All courseware is on GitHub, so you can both prepare for the workshop ahead of time and finish the workshop from home if you are unable to finish the labs during the workshop.
You will learn:
- About getting started with containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- About Canary releases and A/B testing using a service mesh
- About finding and fixing bugs without downtime
You must provide your own laptop computer (Windows or Mac) for this hands-on lab.
Please download and read the following link for all instructions. Please ensure all pre-requisites are installed PRIOR to arriving in Orlando