TriCon Elite Consulting
Part 1: (8:00am – 12:00pm)
This workshop looks at the field notes from production deployments of Storage Spaces Direct over the past few years. Various scenarios are covered, from two-node SMB to enterprise configurations, and everything in between. We will take a look at some lessons learned for hardware configurations, firmware updates, and core network configurations. We'll also review some upgrade paths to the latest release of Windows Server 2019. This workshop is action packed and you should definitely come ready to learn.
You will learn:
- New features in Storage Spaces Direct
- About all the great resources for the Storage Spaces Direct Community
- All about Dave's build scripts and guidance on building production ready Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
Part 2: (1:00pm – 5:00pm)
Microsoft released its latest flagship operating system late last fall (Windows Server 1709) without a GUI (Server Core) only. Administrators were left wondering if the completely removed GUI would be permanently removed from Windows. Well, only time will tell for that one. What is clear is that remote server management is a must skill for all Server Administrators, either with PowerShell or with remoting tools. Microsoft realized that there is a big skill gap created by Project Honolulu (Windows Admin Center), an HTML based replacement for Server Manager that can fully manage remote Windows Infrastructure and more. This workshop will give you the key skills necessary to management your infrastructure with Project Honolulu (Windows Admin Center).
You will learn:
- How to manage Windows Server Core and Nano
- About Microsoft's new tools for Managing Windows Server
- How to become Proficient with Remote Server Management Tasks