Level: Introductory to Intermediate
Data Evangelist, Space Enthusiast, & NASA Datanaut
This highly interactive presentation covers both traditional and new SQL Server features. Attendees evaluate the options and best practices of common and advanced design features, such as:
- IDENTITY, SEQUENCEs, and GUIDs
- Row Level Security vs. VIEWs and other approaches
- Graph Features in SQL Server
- TDE, Always Encrypted, Homegrown Encryption
- NULL vs. NOT NULL
- HA, DR and Everything about Saving Your Job
- …and more.
As a group, we vote and debate the costs, benefits, and risk for each topic. Bring your votes, your debates, and your opinions.
You will learn:
- How to evaluate cost, benefit and risks of SQL Server design features
- How new features compare to traditional features in SQL Server
- How the community views SQL Server design features