Have you ever tried using a PowerShell script or module to solve some problem you were having and it just wouldn't work, but you couldn't understand why? Have you written your own script and it worked fine on your machine but not in a job, scheduled task, or on another machine? PowerShell has definitely hit the mainstream, and being able to efficiently debug PowerShell scripts is an essential skill to have in your tool belt today. The insider secret is that it's not hard! Come to this session to unleash your inner PowerShell debugging ninja by learning how to:
- Identify defensive scripting techniques to reduce the need for debugging
- Use the debugger (it's not just for programmers!)
- Scripting best practices that allow you to tighten your code-test-debug loop for optimal efficiency, maximizing your scripting time.
You will learn:
- "Soft" debugging skills that reduce or eliminate the need to work with a PowerShell debugger when it's not necessary
- "Hard" debugging skills that will help you get the most value for the least effort when working with the PowerShell debugger
- Best practices and tips and tricks that increase reliability and efficiency when writing and debugging PowerShell scripts and modules