Level: Introductory to Intermediate
Search is often considered to be a magical "black box". It's like air or water: we don't recognize it as long as it works fine. But as soon as we don't get the results we expect we start complaining.
In this session, Agnes is de-mystifying Search in SharePoint and Office 365. She'll explain how it works behind the scenes in a way that makes sense not only for the Search Pros but also for the end users.
She'll demonstrate the basic concepts of the following things:
- how content becomes searchable;
- how data becomes filter (refiner), how it can be displayed on the user interface;
- how to define various "search verticals" and specific search applications;
- why is it important to add good metadata on the content AND empower all users to do the same;
- how content metadata becomes the "soul of search";
- in classic and personalized search experiences in Office 365: why we have what we have, and how to get the most of this wide variety of search experiences;
- and many more.
You will learn:
- About Content Services
- Content Services vs. classic ECM
- Content Services and Search in Office 365