Level: Introductory to Intermediate
How do you write great code when faced with constantly changing requirements, legacy applications, intensive time pressures and a rapidly evolving environment? And how do you keep that code great after maintenance activities, multiple developers and the ravages of time?
This session covers three key defensive coding strategies:
- Improving code comprehensive and reducing bugs through clean code
- Improving application quality with testable code and unit tests
- Improving code predictability by handling the expected and unexpected
Come and learn how to shore up your code's defenses to protect it from bugs, other developers and your future self.
You will learn:
- To improve code reliability and predictability through clean methods
- The basics of Unit Testing in Visual Studio
- To review asserts and exception handling best practices