Level: Introductory to Intermediate
Every organization has investments in the web – from intranets and business apps to customer-facing portals. But the web has limitations. What happens when you need to support offline, access the file system, send push notifications and still work on mobile devices from every major ecosystem (iOS, Android and Windows)? When these requirements appear, the web is no longer sufficient. You need a mobile app.
This session will provide you with an inventory and coding strategy for packaging your existing ASP.NET web assets for mobile devices via Apache Cordova.
You will learn:
- How to leverage your web assets for mobile apps
- How to support offline scenarios
- How to integrate with device capabilities (e.g. camera, address book)
- How to send a simple push notification
- How to avoid common performance pitfalls