A.K.A. Search 2013 - What's In It for Me - Why Content Owners and Power Users should care about Search. SharePoint search had a major overhaul with 2013, but most people assume if they're not an admin or developer, they shouldn't care. That's not true. This session will show you examples of collaboration solutions based on 2013 Content by Search and Search Results Web Parts. First you'll get your creative juices flowing with examples, and then you'll see what you need to know to get started.
You will learn:
- Managed Metadata Navigation - how it works to create one page to show what you need
- Search Settings that can improve what is displayed when and where and how people find your content
- Managed Properties - what they are, why they're important and how to work with them, even as a site owner
- Display Templates - What they are, where to find them and what to do with them
- Refiners - How to work with them