CISSP, MVP, MCP, MCT
Summit 7 Systems
SharePoint is fast becoming all about Business critical content and processes. In fact, many still don't know that SharePoint Server is in the Gartner magic quadrant for ECM and has been for a while. There are three essential ways that SharePoint can be seen as Business Critical:
- SharePoint IS your business critical platform. SharePoint would host and server ECM, BPM/Case Management, WCM, Social, Collaboration, BI, and Search
- SharePoint is the application layer for other business critical platforms. We often use the WCM and BI capabilities in this scenario
- SharePoint is the back-end, or integrated with other business critical platforms. As SharePoint Server 2013 joins the big leagues in ECM and scalability, we have begun using it for large archives and document storage for other applications, such as Cerner and Epic.
However, you can't treat SharePoint as an "install and forget" product if you expect to have critical content available when needed. Success will take a purpose- built, deliberately designed platform to deliver enterprise-class availability.
You will learn:
- How to position SharePoint as a "big league tool" to executives and stakeholders
- The basics of building a mission critical platform on SharePoint
- The different methods for implementing business critical SharePoint