Microsoft Technologies Evangelist
Join Dan Holme, global governance thought leader, for a full-day workshop on end-to-end SharePoint governance. Dan Holme is a SharePoint MVP, author of the official Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Training Kit, and one of the most respected SharePoint experts in the industry. He brings to the workshop experience with thousands of organizations worldwide, in every vertical, and every size: from small businesses to most of the Fortune 100 and many of the Global 1000. This workshop has been delivered in sold-out venues on five continents.
Through in-depth discussion of business and service governance, Dan integrates elements of respected management, project and development frameworks, informed by his experience with and lessons learned from enterprises around the world. Dan identifies the critical factors for successful governance, including vision, roles & responsibilities, accountability, measurability, process, and iteration. You come away with messages you can use to understand and communicate the role of SharePoint to your organization, an invaluable framework with which to translate business requirements to SharePoint architecture, tips for avoiding requirement gathering spin-cycles, and an understanding of the strategic, cultural, technical and procedural components of a successful SharePoint implementation.
Dan will present a one-of-a-kind look at what it takes to architect a governable SharePoint implementation that delivers "big wins" for your business and scales effectively and manageably—in both size and functionality—to support rapid adoption of this powerful platform. While every SharePoint environment is different and serves diverse business needs, Dan will identify the common obstacles, issues and hot topics he has seen in 18 years of experience advising some of the largest enterprises in the world.
As a special bonus, Dan will share with you a vision that integrates out-of-box capabilities of SharePoint and Windows to automate SharePoint management tasks including site provisioning and group management in ways that integrate and implement your governance policies.
- Whether you are a business leader, project manager, end user, IT professional, or solutions architect, you will take away:
- Comprehensive understanding of governance from the strategic to the tactical level, bridging business and technical perspectives
- Awareness of common obstacles, issues, and hot topics
- Preparedness for SharePoint "15" and how it changes the discussion of SharePoint governance and management
- Invaluable guidance that will save your organization days, weeks, or even months of research, debate, and project delays
- Perspective to help you maximize your SharePoint investment and meet your organization's goals
- Tips for breaking through bottlenecks, including Dan's "trademarked" DOUBLE ROI story for SharePoint stakeholders
- Tools with which to guide project management, solutions architecture, and development
- Best practices for architecting a governable SharePoint implementation that scales manageably in both size and functionality
- Eye-opening tips for automating SharePoint management and implementing governance policies with out-of-box tools
Don't miss this opportunity to gain deeper insight, validate your plans and approaches and receive invaluable guidance and tools.