Software delivery would be so easy…if it weren't for all the humans. The technical stuff is easy, but it's all the pesky people that need convincing and explanations and reasons for why they should follow you down the Agile and DevOps road. And then, as a leader, how can you tell if your teams are having problems and what do you do about it? How do you know if your developers are even productive? In short, what do we all need to know about and why do we care?
In this workshop, we'll connect the strategic, human-oriented reasoning to the tactical 'nuts and bolts' of a successful Agile and DevOps-oriented organization. We'll discuss Agile, Scrum, and DevOps ideas but instead of focusing on any particular technology, we'll focus on how to help the humans to be productive.
You will learn:
- How to find and fix bottlenecks using the Theory of Constraints
- How to optimize delivery by tracking Work in Progress, Flow, Cycle Time, and Lead Time
- Deciding when (and when not) to grow your team
- How to rework your culture to become conversation-driven instead of requirements-driven
- How to streamline multi-team delivery dependencies
- Communication strategies for teams, leaders, and stakeholders
- Why projects go 'off the rails' and how to recover